Date:      Thu, 12 Jun 2008 16:13:44 +1000
From:      Terry Sposato <terry@sucked-in.com>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD - Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, Angelo Turetta <aturetta@commit.it>
Subject:   Re: portmaster: upgrade using local packages?

--------------enig34BFA4D4587F245512DEA63B

Doug Barton wrote:
> Angelo Turetta wrote:
>> I'm evaluating portmaster: I cannot find an option to use pre-built=20
>> packages for upgrading.
>=20
> At this time there is no such option, and I haven't been able to carve =

> out the time to work on it. I noted in your message that you've already=
=20
> discovered the -g option. For your particular situation it would=20
> certainly be conceivable to hack up a quick and dirty script of some=20
> sort to force updates on the "client" machines for which you have new=20
> packages, but it's certainly not an ideal solution.
>=20
> I am interested in adding this feature, so if someone is interested in =

> sponsoring the work ....  :)
>=20
>=20
> Doug
>=20

Hi Doug,

I have only contributed a couple of ports to FreeBSD so far and would=20
like to help in any way I can. What exactly would the sponsor need to=20
provide for you to work on something like this?

--=20
Regards,

Terry Sposato
terry@sucked-in.com
http://www.sucked-in.com

GnuPG Key  : 0xB7643BC8
Fingerprint: EE92 D9E1 C98E 759F 5991 DFF6 70CE 8936 B764 3BC8