Date:      Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:47:59 +0200
From:      "Karsten W. Rohrbach" <karsten@rohrbach.de>
To:        Romain Kang <romain@kzsu.stanford.edu>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pkg_add puzzlement

--NMuMz9nt05w80d4+

Romain Kang(romain@kzsu.stanford.edu)@2001.07.23 18:21:00 +0000:
> I've been using this in a PLIST:
>=20
> 1 @exec test -d %D/var/run/procstates || mkdir -p %D/var/run/procstates
> 2 @exec chown root.wheel %D/var/run/procstates && chmod 1775 %D/var/run/p=
rocstates
>=20
> The rationale for each line:
> - 1 Install: make sure that the directory exists, avoiding error messages
>     if an earlier instance of the package is on the machine.
> - 2 Install: make sure directory has correct permissions.
>=20
> For some reason, there are machines where the package is added, but=20
> /var/run/procstates does not get created.  pkg_add has no complaints.
>=20
> I've looked at the package, root's login environment, and the
> pkg_add source code, but I don't see any reason for this anomaly.

shouldn't mkdir -p -m 1755 /what/ever work?

/k

--=20
> Vegetarians for oral sex -- "The only meat that's fit to eat"
KR433/KR11-RIPE -- WebMonster Community Founder -- nGENn GmbH Senior Techie
http://www.webmonster.de/ -- ftp://ftp.webmonster.de/ -- http://www.ngenn.n=
et/
karsten&rohrbach.de -- alpha&ngenn.net -- alpha&scene.org -- catch@spam.de
GnuPG 0x2964BF46 2001-03-15 42F9 9FFF 50D4 2F38 DBEE  DF22 3340 4F4E 2964 B=
F46
Please do not remove my address from To: and Cc: fields in mailing lists. 1=
0x

--NMuMz9nt05w80d4+

--NMuMz9nt05w80d4+--