Date:      Fri, 1 Mar 1996 22:48:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bora Akyol <bora@wireless.stanford.EDU>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Getting IP address from a BOOTP Server

Hi everyone,

At my school, the IP addresses are determined by a bootp server.
I am moving to campus and would like to know how freebsd may be able to
get the IP address for my freebsd machine from the bootp server.
So to repeat, I am running 2.1.0R and have it installed on my hard disk.
I am planning on buying an ethernet card and would like to use the
ethernet on campus. However, I think I need to use bootp to get
dynamically assigned IP addresses at boot time. Once the address is
assigned then  my machine has that IP address till it is turned off.
Any takers on this ?

Thanks

Bora