Date:      17 Apr 2002 20:02:05 +0200
From:      Wouter Van Hemel <wouter@pair.com>
To:        mohammad mirzaeenasir <hezare3@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i am new to freebds

On Wed, 2002-04-17 at 08:28, mohammad mirzaeenasir wrote:
> DEAR TECHNICAL STAFF,
> HELLO,
>
> i am iranian, my job is a network admin and i know how to impelement
>
> network services with redhat linux such as portslave,squid cache and etc
>
> for some reasons i really intersted in freebsd and i decide to switch to
>
> that.now please help me to find documents about freebsd network services
>
> such as cache server, dns server, web server and ....

Most of the freebsd documentation - or links to it - can be found on the
freebsd webpage, http://www.freebsd.org/.

I think especially the handbook will come in handy:

[ http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html ]

... here you can find lots of info on how to install packages and
configure dns.

In fact, configuring those services on freebsd is not that different,
since most programs (apache, squid, named/bind, ...) are just the same.
Specific information about the individual configuration can undoubtably be
found on the sites of those programs.

If you have questions, you can always email the questions@freebsd.org
mailing list. This list is only used for discussion of the documentation
(such as errors).

Good luck!

  wouter