Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 12:39:33 +1100
From:      Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>
To:        "Jim Freeze" <jim@freeze.org>, <markh@lon.imag.net>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: How do I connect to my ISP via a modem

To install KDE I assume you downloaded all ports  8mb: -

You are not behind a firewall
You do have a ethernet connection or a modem connection to the interernet etc

SImply

cd /usr/ports/kde

there is a folder called KDE.1.1.x (depend on the current version)
Then type "make" and it will grab all the dependencies automatically .