Date:      Fri, 6 Jul 2001 12:41:58 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        faisal gillani <fasi_74@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, mwm@mired.org
Subject:   Re: script help thanks !!!

-----Original Message-----
From: faisal gillani <fasi_74@yahoo.com>
Subject: script help thanks !!!
Date: Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 02:24:55AM -0700

> well friend
>
> i am a newbie .. i wanted a script that runs in a non
> busy hour on my server
> & automatically runs fsck on my files systems ..
> before that turn itself
> into single user mode

What is the point of fsck'ing regularly a filesystem that is working
fine until that moment?  More importantly, why bring a working server
to single user mode on a regular basis, possibly interrupting some
work it's doing?  How are you going to find out *when* the right time
will be, to shut down everything?

No, what you are asking can't be done in a single script; and I don't
see a reason why one would like to do it.

-giorgos