Date:      Wed, 1 Jan 2003 09:51:03 -0500
From:      Scott Robbins <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Installation on HP Pavilion ZT1130

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn

>=20
> Saturday, December 7, 2002, 3:29:10 AM, you wrote:
>=20
> > Hi,
>=20
> > I'm trying to install the FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE on my HP Pavilion ZT1130
> > notebook, but there is some problems.
>=20
> > Note: my notebook doesn't have floppy drive.
>=20
> > When a try to boot from my CD drive (actually a Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R2102
> > drive), I got the following message:

I don't know if you ever solved this or not (I also didn't see the
message till today).

At any rate, I was trying to get FreeBSD installed on a Sony Vaio, with
those PCMCIA card type CD's.  Couldn't get past the boot with 4.x (1 or
two different versions) or 5.0-DR2. However, with 5.0-RC2, I was able to
boot. (Depends of course, what you're using this machine for, as 5.0
is in the release candidate stage).=20

Then, when I went to do the actual install, it said it couldn't locate
the CD. :-(  So, I chose FTP install (I have a broadband connection)
which went fairly well, but it was unable to install the ports
collection.  This was fixed after the first reboot, I ~was~ able to
install cvsup, so I simply cvsup'd the ports collection.

Sorry for the lengthy message, but hope it's of some use.

Sincerely,

--=20

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: I'm not worried. If there's something bad out there,=20
we'll find, you'll slay, we'll party.=20

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn--