Date:      Tue, 28 Feb 1995 00:13:41 +1100
From:      bulldog@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au (Greg Holloway)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   How to change root device?

Greetings..

I'm in the process of changing from Linux to FreeBSD, but I've ran into a
few problems with my SCSI hard disk.

I've got a Micropolis 2110, a 1.0gb 3.5" with around 1800 or so cylinders. I
can't, for the life of me, get the FreeBSD boot manager to work. The menu
comes up but when I press the key for FreeBSD partition, it just displays
the menu again (Linux would boot up okay through lilo).

Anyway, that's not a major drama -- I don't mind booting off floppy...
BUT, how do I make the floppy bootdisk mount /dev/sd0a as the root device?
Is there any way I can do this without recompiling the kernel?

Thanks for any assistance!

Regards
Greg H.