Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2000 16:19:45 -0500
From:      mikel <mikel@ocsinternet.com>
To:        Doug Young <dougy@bryden.apana.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IMAP

--------------8BF4ADD16A7AE0C21C4200F2

imap-uw is ok, and relatively easy to set up. Just rmemrber that IMAP
replicates the entire mailbox contents each time you connect. On a side
note do all of the email address end up on the same server?

cheers,
mikel

Doug Young wrote:

> I'd appreciate comments on the following I receive several hundred
> emails per day into 7 different email accounts and I believe I need to
> install some renditition of IMAP in order that Netscape will work with
> multiple mail accounts. I have to date configured the LAN here so that
> all email ends up in a Win2000 / Outlook Express system, mainly
> because its very straightforward to configure with POP3. (yes I know
> its ustable & stuffs up the formatting) The problem with Netscape, at
> least to 4.7, (haven't found much real info on 6 yet) is that it
> doesn't recognize more than one POP3 account & apparently the only
> solution is to resort to IMAP on the local mailserver.I've looked at
> both cyrus & imap-uw. Cyrus doesn't appear to be viable as its
> documentation is so sparse that I haven't a clue about configuring it,
> and I'm concerned about potential security issues with
> imap-uw. Another alternative I considered was to run pine on the
> server & access it via SSH ...... discounted that because it seems
> impractical to run 7different accounts & printing anything in
> Microsoft format (yes some people in industry do use that
> occasionally) is a marathon effort. Are there other ways I haven't
> thought of to get this sorted out ??

--------------8BF4ADD16A7AE0C21C4200F2

imap-uw is ok, and relatively easy to set up. Just rmemrber that IMAP replicates
the entire mailbox contents each time you connect. On a side note do all
of the email address end up on the same server?
receive several hundred emails per day into 7 different email accounts
and I believe I need to install some renditition of IMAP in order that
Netscape will work with multiple mail accounts. I have to date configured
the LAN here so that all email ends up in a Win2000 / Outlook Express system,
mainly because its very straightforward to configure with POP3. (yes I
problem with Netscape, at least to 4.7, (haven't found much real info on
6 yet) is that it doesn't recognize more than one POP3 account &amp; apparently
looked at both cyrus &amp; imap-uw. Cyrus doesn't appear to be viable as
its documentation is so sparse that I haven't a clue about configuring
alternative I considered was to run pine on the server &amp; access it
via SSH ...... discounted that because it seems impractical to run 7different
accounts &amp; printing anything in Microsoft format (yes some people in