Date:      Thu, 7 Jun 2001 07:22:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
To:        "Ian P. Thomas" <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sbc1 ??

At Thu, 7 Jun 2001 it looks like Ian P. Thomas composed:

IPT-->	Maybe try it with both sbc and pcm devices listed.  My Ensoniq 1371
IPT-->chipset soundcard took some time before it worked, but it works now with
IPT-->just device pcm.  After this you may have to go to /dev and do ./Makedev
IPT-->snd1.  To test if it works, I use cdcontrol -f [your cd device here] and
IPT-->try to play one of my cd's.  Good Luck.
IPT-->

Hmm, one question. Did you use "just" device pcm ? Here are my
lines in my new kernel as I type, I've added on the extra "sbc1" a
few minutes ago.

device pcm

device sbc0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15

device sbc1 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15