Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 2003 12:26:57 +0100
From:      Ruediger Heuer <ruediger.heuer@web.de>
To:        Christer Gundersen <dtun3z@online.no>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome <freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Wrong Icons on Desktop after upgrading to Gnome 2.2

Christer Gundersen wrote:

>>===== Original Message From Ruediger Heuer <ruediger.heuer@web.de> =====
>>Hello!
>>
>>I got a problem after upgrading via portupgrade from Gnome 2.0 to Gnome 2.2.
>>
>>It seems the icons for Nautilus are missing. In Nautilus and even on the
>>Desktop there is only a "default"-Icon (a Paper sheet) instead of
>>different icons. Does anybody have an idea how to solve this problem?
>>

>Did you do a "make install" in /usr/ports/x11/gnome2 after the upgrade?
>you need the "gnome-themes" package.
>
>---
>Med Vennlig Hilsen / Best regards
>Christer Gundersen / dizzy tun3Z
>http://dtz.cjb.net / http://carebears.mine.nu

Doesn't the 'portupgrade -R' command include the 'make install'?

I just tried 'make install' in '/usr/ports/x11/gnome2', but I get
following output that tells gnome2 is already installed:

===>  gnome2-2.2.0 is already installed - perhaps an older version?
      If so, you may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install
      this port again by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.
      If you really wish to overwrite the old port of gnome2-2.2.0
      without deleting it first, set the variable "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER"
      in your environment or the "make install" command line.
*** Error code 1