Date:      Tue, 28 Jul 2015 20:03:10 -0500
From:      Joshua Isom <jrisom@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel panic on zfs import

I've been using ZFS on root for a few years now.  Today I noticed an
error with /etc/localtime.  I tried deleting it, and recreating it with
bsdconfig since I thought that would be fastest for me to fix.  It still
listed the error but with no filename.  I think I also started a scrub
in the background.  A little while later the system got stuck in a panic
and reboot cycle.  I downloaded the 10.1 ISO to try to fix it.  Every
time I try to import from the fixit it panic from zio_checksum_verify.
What options do I have to try to recover the system?  Is there an
illumos fixit that might help possibly?