Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:43:38 -0800
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
To:        kuba@lbl.pl
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: headset/sco support in freebsd

KubaTyszko wrote:
> hi all.
>
> anyone knows what is current status of using bluetooth headset as
> input/output for audio ?

not supported yet

> i was able to pair my month-old -current, create SCO channel, establish
> rfcomm connection, i even see AT commands that headset sends to me when
> i press button.

well, yes. but you cant get any audio. this is because ng_ubt(4) does
not support usb isoc. transfers (assuming that you are using bluetooth
usb dongle). i have modified ng_ubt(4) and added support for isoc.
transfers, but i have not committed it yet. there is also a bluetooth
sco sockets layer to simplify programming api.

> but i did not see anywhere something like bluetooth(sdo)-alsa support so
> that i could use it as "soundcard"
> is this possible in bsd ?

not at the moment

thanks,