Date:      Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:52:32 -0700
From:      dlm-fb@weaselfish.com
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: filesystem full - freebsd 5.3

Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de> wrote:
:  I considered mentioning the fragments issue, too, but I
:  don't think it applies in this case.  His file system is
:  22 Gbyte with 6 Gbyte free.  I think it is very unlikely
:  that those 6 Gbyte are all fragments.

I've had 100GB+ filesystems that were 50% full, and everything free
was an isolated fragment (or short run but under the size of a block).
Web caches, news, and similar small-file applications can be pretty
pessimal for ufs, so mentioning the possibility seemed worthwhile.

	Dworkin