Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 2006 13:29:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Fontenot <fontenot_1031@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   28.8kbs/56kbs modems

To whom it may concern,
  Currently, I am using Ubuntu Linux 6.06 and it is really a let-down after I got it when I realized that Ubuntu does not do well with 28.8kbs/56kbs modems.  It will not let me use my modem.
       I was wondering how Free-bsd does with dial-up modems (2 year old computer) and highspeed interenet, (I might get high speed soon).  I was thinking that if FreeBSD worked better for going online using dial-up modems?  If it worked well, then I was thinking of setting up a partion for both OS's to run.  Would I be able to send files between them, over the partion?  Thanks in advance.

  Sincerly, David Fontenot

  P.S. If my family did share a high speed internet connection, could I still connect to their network and share the internet, even if they are both using Windows XP?

  :-)