Date:      Sun, 3 Mar 2002 13:50:44 -0500
From:      mpd <mpd6334@cs.rit.edu>
To:        Peter Ulrich Kruppa <root@pukruppa.de>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Opera freezes on startup

On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 07:36:41PM +0000, Peter Ulrich Kruppa wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Mar 2002, Dave Cantrell wrote:

> > > If you installed Opera TP3 (The name on the port is
> > > linux-opera-6.0.20020110.1,) then this is a known problem.
> I had a look at my distinfo file and it says
> opera-6.0-20020110.1-static_qt.i386.tar.gz

Yes, this is the problem one. AKA TP3.

> > > An updated port skeleton was committed recently, and it
> > > fixed the problem for me.
> Now ... as I said I cvsup'ped my -STABLE system this weekend.

Yes, the skeleton was committed yesterday, so you wouldn't have it.

> > The latest upgrade (from TP3 to B1) did not solve the problem
> > for me.  But this time it appears that some sites that TP3
> > took forever to load are a bt better in B1.  Still, I went
> > back to TP2 and all is well again.
> I am afraid I don't have the least idea what TP3 and B1 are.

Just different version identifiers. Chronologically, they go
TP2->TP3 (the port you have)->B1 (the newest port)

And I also am having a few problems with B1, but it is better
than TP3. TP2 still works fine, and I recommend trying it if
you have this problem. There's no port skeleton, though.

> Uli.

mike