Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 1999 21:19:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Viren R.Shah" <viren@rstcorp.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Using USB modules with an USB keyboard...

Is there any way to use only the USB KLDs (i.e. remove all the USB
options from the kernel config file) on a machine that has an USB
keyboard?

I tried doing this (removed all the USB options from my config file,
but left KBD_INSTALL_CDEV). However, this caused the kernel build to
fail with undefined symbols when compiling the syscons stuff. So, I
tried it with putting the normal keyboard line back in (atkbdc and
atkbd), but this just caused the system to look for a normal
keyboard.

What's the correct way to do this? Seems like there should be a way,
but I can't find it in the man pages or LINT.

Thanks,
Viren
--
Viren R. Shah, viren @ rstcorp . com, http://www.rstcorp.com/~vshah/
If you understand what you're doing, you are not learning anything