Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 2004 10:22:34 +0100
From:      Aleksandar Simic <zen13038@zen.co.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   What chooses the cvsup server ?

Hello,

the reason I ask is because when I issue 'make update' command in
/usr/src I get the following message:

[root@/usr/src]# make update
>>> Running /usr/local/bin/cvsup
Parsing supfile "/usr/local/etc/cvsup/cvsup.stable"
Connecting to cvsup2.uk.FreeBSD.org
Connected to cvsup2.uk.FreeBSD.org
Rejected by server: Access limit exceeded; try again later
Will retry at 10:16:19

*note the server name*:  cvsup2.uk.FreeBSD.org

My /usr/local/etc/cvsup/cvsup.stable looks like this:

*default host=cvsup18.us.FreeBSD.org <-- note the server name
*default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup       --------------------
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
src-all

Now if I 'cd' to /usr/local/etc/cvsup/ and issue 'grep cvsup2 *' I
don't get anything back.

So where is this cvsup2.uk.FreeBSD.org comming from ?

Thank you

Aleksandar