Date:      Thu, 7 Jun 2001 09:34:01 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Andrew Wallace <awallace@physics.angelo.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   upgrade

I have been running a 3.51-STABLE machine for over a year
now.  I would like to upgrade to 4.X-STABLE.  I expect
to edit /etc/cvsupfile and run CVS to get the 4.X sources.
After running make world, I will have a 4.X world with a
3.X kernel.  What problems will I face recompiling a 4.X
kernel/sources with a 3.X kernel active?

I tried this once and ended up with an unbootable box.
Please respond via email.  Thanks,

Andy