Date:      Mon, 2 Sep 2002 06:57:06 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
To:        soralx@cydem.zp.ua
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XVideo problem playing DVDs using Ogle

On 2002-Aug-31 00:20:42 -0600, soralx@cydem.zp.ua wrote:
>> I've now tried both using the standard drivers and using the Matrox
>> drivers (WITH_MATROX_GXX_DRIVER) to no avail.  I also get exactly the
>> same behaviour (blue window, no video) using mplayer.  Any further
>> suggestions?
>Isn't the prob solved yet?

No it isn't.  Someone (and I can't find the mail right now) suggested
I try playing with the screen depth and I've seen a few interestingly
named XF86Config options.  I just need the time to experiment.

>Did you check all the hardware connectors? Seems like the DVD-ROM just
>doesn't send the picture.

I can play DVDs quite happily using interfaces other than XVideo so I
can't see how it is a problem on the DVD side.

>If you try to capture the screen, do you see the same screen?

I haven't tried using xwd(1) but using the image dump option within
Ogle, I get the correct image.

Peter