Date:      Fri, 22 Apr 2011 23:38:35 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@acm.org>
To:        Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org, multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Linuxolator v4l2/dvb - trying to collect data about latest skype

--IJpNTDwzlM2Ie8A6

On 2011-Apr-22 14:18:31 +0200, Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de> wrote:
> I now have finshed seperating the dvb part of the patches out into
>a port:
>
>	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/dvb/linux_dvbwrapper-kmod.shar
>
>and made new src patches that now contain the v4l2 bits only:
>
>	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/dvb/linux-v4l2-8-test.patch
>	(for 8, this is what I tested)
=2E..
>   kwm got it working on head/i386 with a camera that doesn't need
>   libv4l (iirc) and now I'd like to know for who of you it works
>   or doesn't and on which FreeBSD version/arch and whether your
>   camera needs libv4l, so please test! :)

I've checked with a slightly earlier version of the patch with
skype-2.0.0.72,1, 8.2-stable/amd64 from just after 8.2-release and a
Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 (uvc) and video works nicely.  The mike in
the webcam is more problematic - snd_uaudio recognizes it but trying
to use it with Skype gave me:
pcm4: chn_read(): pcm4:virtual:dsp4.vr0: record interrupt timeout, channel =
dead
(I haven't looked into that further).

On a related topic, I've found a set of AF9035 patches at
https://build.opensuse.org/package/files?package=3Ds2-liplianin-hg-test&pro=
ject=3Dhome%3ANicoK%3Adrivers&rev=3De81101d3ab2025df95ead49276d1f31c
that look like they should apply cleanly to webcamd - I haven't
had a chance to actually try them yet.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--IJpNTDwzlM2Ie8A6