Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 2001 23:41:41 -0500
From:      The Babbler <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        MIHIRA Yoshiro <sanpei@sanpei.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, Greg Smith <gregsmith59@hotmail.com>, Pat Wendorf <beholder@unios.dhs.org>
Subject:   Re: Linksys 10/100 + 56K Modem PC Card (ethernet only)

Ok, thank you for the assistance.
Per Greg Smith's advice, I set boot -v, and this produced messages which
reminded me that I didn't re-compile the kernel (as I had to do to get
another Linksys card on a another FreeBSD laptop) to get rid of the
spurious "ed1" parameters.  But it still doesn't work.

I checked the address/port ranges dumped by boot -v, but they don't seem
to conflict with 0x2f8-2ff or 300-31f.

Per Mihra Yoshiro's advice, I try the "auto" slot and the "?" IRQ.  But
it still doesn't work.
(Same message as with slot 3.)

Next I shall try the

config 0x3 ed0 ? 0x8000

trick from Pat Wendorf.  I don't hold out high hopes, but it's worth a
try.

Pat Wendorf:

- How did you determine tthat 8000 was correct, and
- How did you know that you could put the address there?
  My purusal of the man page showed that it took IRQs but not ioaddrs.
  Was I mis-reading it?

Thanks for everybody's help . . .

"Brian, the man from babble-on"              bts@babbleon.org
Brian T. Schellenberger                      http://www.babbleon.org