Date:      Fri, 05 Oct 2001 07:54:00 +1000
From:      Chris Aitken <chris@ideal.net.au>
To:        php-general@lists.php.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Getting an Email into a PHP/pl script

Hi all,

I have looked into the archives but im not sure what im searching for so I
decided to ask here.

What I want to do is, on my FreeBSD box running PHP and MySQL, to have a
system which will take any email sent to a specific address, and pipe the
body of the email to PHP (or even to a perl script). Once I have the body
of the email as a variable, I can do all my parsing and extracting etc to
do with it as I need, but im baffled on where to start looking to get this
done.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

     Chris Aitken - Administration/Database Designer - IDEAL Internet
  email: chris@ideal.net.au  phone: +61 2 4628 8888  fax: +61 2 4628 8890