Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 2002 01:10:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tony Maher <tonym@biolateral.com.au>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/36466: please remove biology/seaview

The following reply was made to PR ports/36466; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tony Maher <tonym@biolateral.com.au>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, frankch@waru.life.nthu.edu.tw
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 20:01:21 +1100

 Please do *not* remove this port.

 The port _does_ need updating.

 It now relies on x11-toolkits/fltk and requires modification
 to files/patch-aa changing
 CC     ?= gcc
 CC      = c++

 then everything compiles.
 I am still trying to work out the linkage step and I will submit a
 complete update for this port when I have worked it out.

 We definitiely want this port to remain so if the current maintainer
 does not wish to continue maintaining this port then I am willing to
 take over (but am very happy if he wants to keep it ;-)

 thanks
 --
 tonym