Date:      Thu, 1 Mar 2007 21:15:01 +1300
From:      Andrew Turner <andrew@fubar.geek.nz>
To:        olivier@gautherot.net
Cc:        ogautherot@vtr.net, freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-on-Efika starter's kit...

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 00:20:50 -0300
Olivier Gautherot <ogautherot@vtr.net> wrote:

> Hi folks!
>
> I am about to receive my Efika board and wondered if there was a
> repository somewhere with the attempts made to run the system on this
> board. I guess the first step is to (cross-)compile the kernel and
> the universe. Should I use gcc-powerpc from the ports for this
> purpose?
>
> Thanks in advance for any hint
There is no repository with the changes in it yet but have a look at
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ppc/2007-February/002102.html.
It contains the patch I have used to boot FreeBSD on an EFIKA. The only
other change is to comment out the FIRMWORKSBUGS ifdef and endif after
__start in locore.S.

To build the cross compiler you just need to run "make kernel-toolchain
TARGET=powerpc". There is no need to install anything from ports.
Currently FreeBSD doesn't get to single user mode on an EFIKA so there
is no need to build anything other than the kernel and loader.

Andrew