Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 2000 22:11:36 -0400
From:      David Banning <sky_tracker@yahoo.com>
To:        Terry Bower <tbower@jsheet.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wingz print problem

Terry, thanks for your response.

Here is where I am at.  The -c option for lp (according to man) says;
-c      Make the lp command exit only after further access to any of the
             input files is no longer required.  The application can then
             safely delete or modify the files without affecting the output
             operation.

but the top part of printer.info says;

CopiesOpt   "-#"
PrinterOpt  "-P"

these options seem to be more lpr type options - looking in man for lpr,  the
-c it non-related,
however a -s option says;
 -s      Use symbolic links.  Usually files are copied to the spool direc-
             tory.  The -s option will use symlink(2) to link data files
             rather than trying to copy them so large files can be printed.
             This means the files should not be modified or removed until they

             have been printed.

I tried changing  PrinterOpt  "-P"  to PrinterOpt  "-s -P"  then I tried
PrinterOpt  "-P lp -c"  and then PrinterOpt  "-P ps -c"  .
All bring same result.
Does any of this jog your memory?

--
Security check: INTRUDER ALERT!