Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 2002 10:43:35 +0100
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   SIGSEGV while installing forte with linux-jdk14

I am trying to install java/forte using linux-jdk14. I modified the forte
port Makefile in order to make it depend on java/linux-jdk14, which is
already installed. However, javavm dies with SIGSEGV and creates this
error log:

Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred at PC=0x2A0CB730
Function=[Unknown.]
Library=(N/A)

NOTE: We are unable to locate the function name symbol for the error
      just occurred. Please refer to release documentation for possible
      reason and solutions.

Current Java thread:

Dynamic libraries:
Can not get information for pid = 66365

Local Time = Fri Mar 15 10:21:37 2002
Elapsed Time = 7
#
# HotSpot Virtual Machine Error : 11
# Error ID : 4F530E43505002D3
# Please report this error at
# http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.4.0-b92 mixed mode)
#

Forte runs with JDK 1.4.0 on a colleague's Linux machine without problems.
I am downloading JDK 1.3.1 just now, but I am a bit frustrated. Does
anyone have any idea about the cause of this problem?

Cheers,
JMA
--
****** Jose M. Alcaide  //  jose@we.lc.ehu.es  //  jmas@FreeBSD.org ******
** "Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers" --  Leonard Brandwein **