Date:      Thu, 9 May 2013 11:07:01 +0000
From:      Olivier Duchateau <duchateau.olivier@gmail.com>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        "xfce@FreeBSD.org" <xfce@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: updated libxfce4util

On Wed, 8 May 2013 17:41:17 -0600 (MDT)
Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 8 May 2013, Olivier Duchateau wrote:
>=20
> >=20
> > 2013/5/8 Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
> >       The new version of libxfce4util causes the Alt key to be ignored =
in Keyboard/Application Shortcuts. =A0That is, if an existing shortcut used=
 the Alt key, it will not work.
> >       =A0New shortcuts using the Alt key are recorded without it.
> >
> >       Seems like this has happened before, but I can't recall the solut=
ion.
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > Shortcuts have been enhanced in xfce4-settings (not in libxfce4util), b=
ut I don't know why your Alt key is ignored.
> >=20
> > On my system when I pressed Alt + F2 xfce4-appfinder appears (default s=
hortcuts).
>=20
> Alt+F2 works for me.  And it looks like Alt works, it's the Shift key=20
> that does not.

Ah ok, sorry I misunderstood.

Could you test this patch [1]? Keep in mind it's just a "workaround", becau=
se it touches x11/libxfce4menu, no change was made, with recent update.

I know shortcuts keys in xfce4-settings have been deeply changed.

[1] http://people.freebsd.org/~olivierd/patches/libxfce4menu.diff

>=20
> > I just created new shortcuts with Alt and every thing works fine.
>=20
> In Settings/Keyboard/Application Shortcuts, click Add, enter firefox for=
=20
> the command, and press Alt Shift F.  The shortcut recorded is just=20
> <Alt>f.
>=20
> > FAQ [1] can help you ?
> >=20
> > [1] http://docs.xfce.org/faq
>=20
> I don't think that applies to the application shortcuts.
>=20
> Thanks!

--=20
olivier