Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2000 05:26:00 +0100
From:      "Andy Coates" <webmaster@friends-tv.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Modem Problems

Hi,

I've been trying to get my modem to work (internal ISA) and had loads of
problems so far.

Basically I thought it was on COM3, but the only /dev/cuaaX i can use is 1
(COM2). When I do use this, nothing happens when I try to dial. I downloaded
minicom just to test the dialing, and entered a manual number, but it just
sat there syaing it was dialing and the time counting down. This manual
number was my mobile phone, and it didn't ring. I also have a phone attached
to the line - picking that up had dialing effort from the modem either.

It seems to initialise properly, but when I try open the port and dial
nothing seems to happen. Any got any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

TIA,
Andy.