Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 2004 10:40:55 +0200
From:      "Igor Zbirka" <igor@icpe.de>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Too long dialing time

I'm using FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE as a server which should provide =
connection to internet through dialing on demand (tun0).
The connection to internet works fine, but the problem I have is with =
disconnecting.
If one of the computers in LAN wants to send for ex. email, the server =
dials and establish connection. But then it keeps that connection even =
though the email was send long time a go.
According to the led's on modem I can see that sporadicaly there are =
still some datas send and received. But WHY?

Because of this sporadical datas being send and received the limit 60 =
seconds for disconecting the modem don't arrive even for 12 hours. And =
this 12 hours was started by sending one email.
I would like to know how can I check what is being send and from wich =
computer in my LAN.
Any ideas how?

Thanks.

Igor Zbika