Date:      Fri, 28 May 2004 22:51:19 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NDIS: How can I help with these (2nd request).

On Fri, 28 May 2004, Larry Rosenman wrote:

> I E-mailed you (Silby) the driver.  You should also be able to use
> ports/archivers/cabextract to pull stuff from the cab's.
>
> LER

Neat, I didn't know we had that util in ports.  I tried it on the cabs,
and it told me to use "unshield", which was also in ports, so I was able
to pull them apart in the end.

After looking through the cabs from linksys's installer, I agree - there
is only one non-9x series driver.  Looks like the only way to get the card
working properly may be to send Bill one of these cards and hope that he
has time to debug the problem.

In the meantime, you're probably best off buying another card, perhaps one
of the ones supported natively by ath(4) or one known to work with the
NDISulator properly.

If you can find any linux NDISulator support boards it might be worthwhile
poking around there... if the driver is also broken there, maybe there's
hope that a new driver will fix the problem.

That's the end of my knowledge of the NDISulator, good luck! :)

Mike "Silby" Silbersack