Date:      Wed, 9 Feb 2005 14:37:26 -0500
From:      Louis LeBlanc <FreeBSD@keyslapper.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: start of daemons

--0lnxQi9hkpPO77W3

On 02/09/05 08:32 PM, peter.lidell@post.dk sat at the `puter and typed:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed apache and spamd from source and would like for them to start on bootup. How do I do that? (there are no .sh scripts for them in /usr/local/etc/rc.d)

You really need to install them from the ports to get that done for you.

Keep in mind that for some, you'll also need to put an enabler in
/etc/rc.conf, so watch the output after the port is installed.

BTW, any time there's a port for an application, it is generally
recommended that you use the port.  They are usually much easier to
install, upgrade, and if you wish, remove.

Good luck

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc                          FreeBSD-at-keyslapper-DOT-net
Fully Funded Hobbyist,                   KeySlapper Extrordinaire :)

QOTD:
  "I only touch base with reality on an as-needed basis!"

--0lnxQi9hkpPO77W3

--0lnxQi9hkpPO77W3--