Date:      Tue, 01 Jul 2008 08:12:16 -0700
From:      Sam Leffler <sam@freebsd.org>
To:        Matthias Apitz <matthias.apitz@oclc.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RELENG_7 && ath && WPA && stuck when bgscan is active on	interface

Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Tuesday, July 01, 2008 a las 07:25:46AM -0700, Sam Leffler escribió:
>

>> Matthias Apitz wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm running the above configuration, RELENG_7 kernel and WPA, on an Asus
>>> laptop eeePC 900 for which one must patch the HAL with:
>>> http://snapshots.madwifi.org/special/madwifi-ng-r2756+ar5007.tar.gz )
>>> all is fine, mostly, but when 'bgscan' is activated on the interface
>>> ath0 it get stuck reproduce-able after some time without any traffic
>>> through
>>> the interface; setting 'ifconfig ath0 -bgscan' makes the problem going
>>> away;
>>>
>>> could it be related to the bug I'm facing on another laptop with
>>> bgscan/WPA/iwi0, see:
>>>
>>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=122331
>>>

>> The hal at http://www.freebsd.org/~sam + HEAD should work fine but note
>> that it requires driver mods that are only in HEAD.
>>
>> Sorry, but I cannot help w/ random collection of untested bits.
>>
>>    Sam
>>

> Hello Sam,
>
> To what you make refer with 'random collection of untested bits', to
> RELENG_7 or the the above mentioned madwifi-ng-r2756+ar5007.tar.gz?

Pulling in a hal from madwifi to use w/ a freebsd driver can easily
cause problems.  That is what I meant by "random collection...".

> the info about that is coming from this Wiki:
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/AsusEee
>
> is there some way to get your hal bits into RELENG_7?

The hal is not in HEAD so MFC to RELENG_7 is premature.  In fact I
hadn't even announced the hal for testing yet but now that I've returned
from 3 weeks AFK it's probably time.  I also wanted to backport all the
important driver mods to RELENG_7 before saying anything but that didn't
happen.

    Sam