Date:      Thu, 20 Sep 2001 08:34:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dylan Carlson <damage_z@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SUMMARY:  natd issues...

Hi All,

I received several responses to my last posting, most of which were helpful in
the area of troubleshooting.

What I found out was, the arp table was not set up properly.  My thought was
that 'natd' was supposed to dynamically manage the arps for mapped addresses,
but apparently this is not the case.

So once I added static entries (arp -S a.b.c.d macaddress pub) into the arp
table for each static IP mapping, everything seems to be working.

Cheers to everyone who replied,

DC