Date:      Fri, 4 Aug 2000 17:22:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
To:        XeXeN <xexen@writeme.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: watch/snp problems

> When I do a watch I keep getting this error. Ive compiled snp support into two kernels with the same results.
>
> watch: fatal: cannon open snoop device

Did you create the snoop device in /dev?  Try:

cd /dev; sh MAKEDEV snp0

as root, then rerun watch and see if it works.

Hope this helps

--
Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
Finger dima@unixfreak.org for public PGP key.

"The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost."
	-- Gilbert K. Chesterton