Date:      Fri, 31 Dec 2004 03:19:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      babaloo munchies <babaloomunchies@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Production Release 5.3 Installation Won't Boot

Hello,

I downloaded ISO images disc 1 & disc 2 & the boot
disk for FreeBSD 5.3 to install on a Pentium MMX
machine.  None of these discs will boot for the
installation!  What happens is the CD drive fires up,
I see a couple of lines from FreeBSD--the bootloader
or something--it acts like it's trying to boot.  The
CD drive spins up, the two or three lines flash on the
screen but then the whole computer restarts.  It keeps
doing this over and over again for each disc.

I had an old FreeBSD 4.8 disc and it booted fine.  I
thought maybe my burner had problems so I burned a
Linux distro and it booted fine.

So the problem cannot be the CD medium (3 cds w/ same
problem?), not the CD burner and not the machine.
What's going on?  This is the third time I've tried
FreeBSD and failed to get it to work.  I just give up
and revert to linux because at least I can install it
each and every time.  But I want to use FreeBSD.

Any help would be appreciated.