Date:      Sat, 10 Jan 1998 12:52:59 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)
From:      K Sun <ksun@essex.ac.uk>
To:        Peter Philipp <pjp@bsd-daemon.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: About the installation of FreeBSD 3.0 ?

Hello, there,
     Thank you for your reply. Thing is like that:
I am a fresher. This is my first time of installing FreeBSD for my
research, although I have some experience on Linux.
I meet that problem when I install the FreeBSD 3.0. After I choose
installing FreeBSD from Dos partition and it seems two files have been
installed, the problem has happened. This is one of my problem. To
avoid unexpected troubles, I only choose "minimal installation".
Of course, when my PC restarts, it reports there is no kenel.
Before I install FreeBSD, I have installed Windows 98 in my harddisk.
      Another difficulty for me is: I would very much like to install
FreeBSD via internet.
      My computer has been connected with Internet with cable.
My Network card is "AMD PCnet/PCI Ethernet adapter". I am sorry that it
seems I can not find an appropriate option in "Network", although, from
the prompt information, it seems the system can find it is in pci0
named lnc1. Perhaps, just because of the above problem, when I want to
install it by "FTP", there is not "Etherenet .."option in the list. In
the list, there are only LPT and COMs. If possible, I really hope I can
install FreeBSD from Internet.
      In addition, I also hope FreeBSD can support Multimedia. My sound
card is AWE64 Soundblast (creative, ISA). It seems that the FreeBSD can
not find it. However, it is a small problem. I can consult with you
later.
       My Computer is Pentium II 266, AGP video card, Fireball 6.4G
hard disk.
       I really hope your further replies.

       Thanks,

       Sun Kai