Date:      Mon, 09 Nov 1998 18:13:34 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami), jkh@time.cdrom.com, mark@grondar.za, sos@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Who built XFree86 with Kerberos?

> Just a status update: 4 of the 5 disks are ready, the 5th is off for
> warranty return.  Christopher managed to hide the other free disks so
> we're hung up on this until the replacement arrives.

I think we should just buy some drives.  Buy them now.  They are cheap
and we can afford them. :)  Just get two of what we previously
discussed.

> And a thought - aside from backup tasks, do we need builder for
> anything?  Do you plan to do the 2.2.8 build on it, or at home?

That's a good point - I could see the 9gb drive in builder going to a
communal partition if we're going to go to the big playpen model
anyway; it can just as easily write 2.2.8 over there.

> Paddock:
> 	9GB

Keep.

> Builder:
> 	3GB	(system)
> 	9GB	scratch

Reduce to 3GB and leach off playpen.

> Bento:
> 	20GB	(ccd)

Clean all extraneous grot, back up what needs to be preserved
(over to paddock?), merge with new array.

> desired.  If there's real interest, we can move stuff off the ccd array
> on bento and push the two sets together into a single 40GB playpen,
> should that be preferred.

I think we should - it will let us handle really large transient loads
if we have one big chunk rather than two halves, and I'm a believer in
high transient loads.

- Jordan