Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 13:03:56 +0100
From:      Joost Bekkers <joost@bps.jodocus.org>
To:        mark pearce <netchat@ananzi.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Set up bridge on FreeBSd 4.3

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 01:49:23PM +0200, mark pearce wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm hoping someone can help me with this one.
> I want to set up a bridge on my firewall. it currently has
> 3 cards, 1 external, 2 internal, and I want to set up
> bridging in the 2 internal cards, I know OpenBSD can do
> this, can this be done with FreeBSD 4.3.  The man page does
> say that it is still in development.  Is this feature
> available in STABLE ?

It's even available in -RELEASE.
Next to enabling the bridge with sysctl, make sure you set
net.link.ether.bridge_cfg because the default is to bridge ALL
ethernet interfaces.

If you want to filter the traffic between the bridged interfaces,
keep in mind that only ip packets pass through the ipfw rules.

Greetz Joost