Date:      Sat, 13 Mar 1999 10:30:32 -0800
From:      "Jim Davison" <jimd@salinas.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   CD Rom

Hi
I have almost no experiance with UNIx but have heard such good things about
FreeBSD that
I purchased the FreeBSD book and version 3.1 of the CDs.

Anyway I have one question.

I went through the install and was sucessful with everything except that me
CD
Drive is a NEC or NCR. The CDrom Drive works fine but the book says to
unload
any unused daemonds from the kernal. The problem is I do not know what one
leave in since my drive is not listed in the list. Is there an easy or smart
way to find out if it is in fact one of the ones on the list or should I
just unload and load until I find the one that is working??

Also I setup Xwindows but when I reboot the systems goes into the comand
shell
and I do not know how to start Xwindows??

Thanks
If anyone has the time to answer these 2 questions.
im