Date:      Fri, 4 Aug 2000 17:49:05 -0700
From:      R Joseph Wright <rjoseph@mammalia.org>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   /usr/share/man/cat directories

I just did a make world today and decided to go through and clean out old
files and such.  I noticed that the /usr/share/man/cat directories contain
mostly old files.  What is the difference between a 'cat' directory and a
'man' directory?
Also, I built world on Aug 1st, and I noticed in the man directories there
were a number of files dating from then.  Is it safe to remove them?  I
assume that all necessary man pages are created in the build/install world
process and if they were needed they would be dated Aug 4.