Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 2000 21:31:02 -0700
From:      "Dan O'Connor" <dan@mostgraveconcern.com>
To:        "Kaluza-k" <Kaluza-k@swbell.net>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Networking Problems

>Basically, i would like to know how to get my
>comp to start with only the stuff it needs, make sure it
>recognizes my nic cards. I have been reading on the /etc/rc.conf
>and what i need to do to get my ip translation to work. So if
>anyone can tell me how to recompile my kernal and how to find
>out whether bsd recognizes my nic cards, that would be a lot
>of help.

Hi, Josh!

Welcome to the wonderful world of FreeBSD!

I have some cheat sheets you may be interested in at
http://www.mostgraveconcern.com/freebsd/. In particular, see the sheets
'Building a Custom Kernel,' 'Setting-up a DSL Connection,' and 'Setting-up a
Dual-Homed Host.'

Also, take a look at the Handbook at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/ for
more exciting reading!

Good luck,