Date:      Mon, 28 Mar 2011 19:16:20 +0200
From:      Holger Hans Peter Freyther <holger@freyther.de>
To:        Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hierachical jails devfs and rc.conf

On 03/28/2011 07:06 PM, Adam Vande More wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Holger Freyther <holger@freyther.de
> <mailto:holger@freyther.de>> wrote:
>
>     So really quick question. Is there a way to statically populate the dev tree
>     with the minimum of needed descriptors? A first try with mknod /jail/dev/null
>     c 0... did not seem to work.
>

> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/jails-build.html

The question is about hierarchical jails. Having jail_NAME_devfs_enable="YES"
inside a jail is not working as devfs is not a jail friendly fs. So I mount
devfs as part of the /etc/fstab.MYJAIL on 'root' but then by default the whole
devfs will be visible to child jails.

So my two questions are really:
	- In rc.conf is there a variable I can use to pass children.max=N to
	  one of the jails?
	- Is there a way to have a 'default' devfs rule for certain
	  mountpoints? E.g. can a rule be applied at mount time?