Date:      Fri, 06 Jul 2001 13:43:09 GMT
From:      MIkel King <mikel@ocsinternet.com>
To:        Enriko Groen <enriko.groen@netivity.nl>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Replacing Exchange

Enriko,

	I would suggest that you consider StarOffice, as it has many of the=20
features that you wish, however; I am quite certain that there will be=20
some additional administrative overhead geeting everything setup and=20
working exactly like ex.

	You will most likely want to setup either qmail or postfix...and=20
definitely you will need an IMAP4 server. I am not exectly sure how well=
=20
SO52 handles calendaring but it looks pretty simple, it's something=20
definitely worth playing with though...

--=20
 Ok I must go and fsck my brain for a bit, it's been a rather long day..=
.

Cheers,
MIkel=20

On 7/5/01, 8:49:28 AM, Enriko Groen <enriko.groen@netivity.nl> wrote=20
regarding Replacing Exchange:

> Hi,

> Although I realise that this is not really a FreeBSD specific question=
, I
> think this is the best place for me to drop it.

> I'm just wondering if any one here has experience with replacing a=20
Microsoft
> Exchange server with a FreeBSD based system.

> My company (at this moment about 15 people) has started off using MS
> products (MS Office, Exchange, IIS). I'm slowly (to my feeling)=20
introducing
> FreeBSD based machines/servers.

> The one that bugs me most is the Outlook + Exchange duo. Outlook is a =

beast