Date:      Tue, 3 Jan 1995 21:11:41 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@bsd.coe.montana.edu>
To:        John Utz <spaz@u.washington.edu>, FreeBSD hackerlist <FreeBSD-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on SCHOOL SYSTEMS????

> 	I would like to here from all people sysadmining a collection of
> student pc's running freebsd
>
> 	How do you keep folks from sticking a boot disk in; logging in as
> root, and spamming the whole system?

Most students don't have the ability to build a boot disk, and those
that do probably won't.

But, if you are worried, you can put a password on the BIOS on the
computer and disable booting from floppy.  And, if you are *really*
concerned you can disable the wait on the bootblocks to keep them from
going single user or at least make the console insecure which forces
them to enter a password.

Nate