Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:04:07 -0500
From:      Joel Dinel <dinjo@touchtunes.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Suggestions for a VPN

I'm in the midst of revamping our current VPN setup. The current VPN is
running on Linux gateways. Obviously, I'd like to change these for
FreeBSD gateways. I have zero experience with VPNs/IPSec under FreeBSD.
I was thinking of setting up my VPNs as per this article :

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2001/12/10/ipsec.html

Seems simple and secure. My big "question mark" is, will my 'road
warriors' (home users, travelling users) be able to use our current
Windows VPN client (SafeNET) to connect to this new VPN?

Anyways, I'm just fishing around for
tips/hints/HOWTOs/opinions/impressions on this subject.

Thanks,

--
Joel Dinel
System Administrator