Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2000 17:02:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rob Simmons <rsimmons@wlcg.com>
To:        Doug Young <dougy@bryden.apana.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IMAP

I would suggest running imap-uw-ssl or imap-uw and stunnel.  Both of these
configurations are easy to setup.  The security flaw in imap-uw is not
relevent if you allow your users shell access.  Check
www.securityfocus.com for details about the problem.  I would also suggest
that you don't allow access to non-ssl imap.  imap ssl is supported by all
the major email clients.

Robert Simmons
Systems Administrator
http://www.wlcg.com/