Date:      Thu, 4 Oct 2001 15:53:58 -0700
From:      "Kory Hamzeh" <kory@avatar.com>
To:        "Jonathan Blanton" <jmblant@clemson.edu>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: Random crashes

In the past, whenever I have seen problems like this, it has been due to
faulty RAM. If you can, get yourself a very good hardware test utility
program that comes with some sort of OS you can boot off of the floppy and
run extensive memory tests. AMI use to have a program that caught many bad
DRAM problems that other memtest programs couldn't seem to catch.

There are some memory test utilities in the /usr/ports/sysutils directory,
but they can only test portions on the main memory.

Kory