Date:      Sat, 13 Mar 1999 15:42:13 -0600 (CST)
From:      Gurudatt Shenoy <gurudatt@cs.tamu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Strange nfs problem

I'm facing a perplexing nfs problem:
I have two PCs running FreeBSD on the same lan. Hawk is a P133 and
Sparrow is a 33Mhz 486.I need to access Hawk/usr on Sparrow and the root
filesystem of Sparrow on Hawk.

I added the necessary entries in the /etc/fstab and /etc/exports and
rebooted both machines. I'm being able to access Hawk/usr on Sparrow but I
can't see Sparrow's filesystem on Hawk. Why is this?
I confirmed that both PCs are running nfsd, nfsiod, portmap and mountd.

Am I overlooking something here?  Please help.

-Guru

PS: Hawk runs FreeBSD 2.2.1 and Sparrow, 2.2.7