Date:      Wed, 2 Oct 2002 06:44:32 -0500
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Security Officer Team <security-team@FreeBSD.org>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GNU tar bug

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 12:04:57PM +0930, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> On Wednesday,  2 October 2002 at 13:44:38 +1200, Juha Saarinen wrote:
> > On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> >
> >>  What's that?  Is there a PR?
> >
> > Check Bugtraq for further info.
>
> That's not the way we do things.  If there's no PR and no details, it
> will probably not get fixed.

It's on the Security Officer's list for 46 hours now, but I won't have
time to look at it for a few days still (obviously I don't consider it
very earth-shattering).

It _will_ be fixed, but I dunno if it will be in time for 4.7-RELEASE,
sorry.

Cheers,
--
Jacques A. Vidrine <nectar@celabo.org>          http://www.celabo.org/
NTT/Verio SME          .     FreeBSD UNIX     .       Heimdal Kerberos